So I know it has been a while since I have posted but my word I forget how busy the Holiday season is, between birthdays, shopping, church callings, family gatherings, and so on and so forth! It has been really different this year because Cupcake is getting bigger so I really have to manage my time better! We are so excited because the Coldplay concert is tonight, but a little bummed cause Celine Dion was supposed to be last night and it was postponed til Feb. We can't wait for tonight Daddy has been counting down the days since oh I don't know like January when he found out they were coming to here! Cupcake is getting sooooo big she is starting to say so many things, for example Daddy taught her how to say her name, she says mickey mouse, tub, ball, down, no, no, and no, Mom, Dad, Pop, Kaia, shoe, Hunter, Ma (for grandma), bottle, book, and a whole bunch more! She really is growing and progressing so fast its crazy! I have to toot my horn a little bit because I don't know if this has ever happened to me, because I am one of those shoppers that is shopping til the last minute for the Holidays, cause I am really indecisive! I am so excited to say that I am 95% done with my shopping!!! I am being rather Crafty with 50% of my gifts, so that has been a lot of the reason for the business, but oh does it feel good to be almost done! This has been quite a random post but I just thought I would fill everyone in on what we have been up to, there is much more but to little time! I hope every one's Holiday Season is wonderful so far! P.S. I can't wait to see Twilight and don't you worry we are planning a long awaited trip to The Happiest Place on Earth for this coming January!!! Yea!
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Posted by The Miller's at 6:34 AM
Saturday, November 15, 2008
I was tagged by Melissa Martinez and Nancy Lisonbee! I know that sometimes people say they hate tags but I love them!!! It helps me get to know things that I may not otherwise know about people and even sometimes about myself!! So keep the tags coming I love doing them and I most definitely love reading them!!!
Melissa's Tag - 8 Things
8 Favorite T.V. shows
- Greys Anatomy (My Fave)
- Good Things Utah
- Dancing With The Stars
- Design on a Dime
- Design To Sell (I am a little obsessed with HGTV)
- Mad Men
- Smallville (Daddy's Favorite)
- Mickey Mouse Club House (One of Cupcake's Favorites) haha
8 Things I Did Yesterday
- Snuggled with Daddy and Cupcake in the morning
- Went to Costco
- Made lunch for the Fam
- Cleaned as always
- Finalized our Christmas shopping list
- We all went to the new James Bond......loved it!
- We went to dinner with my Mom
- Ordered a free book from Snapfish
- Got Cupcake to bed by 7:30....she was sooo tired from only having one nap
8 Things I'm Looking Forward To
- Thanksgiving.....My Favorite Holiday
- Celine Dion concert next Friday and then Coldplay concert on Saturday
- Our new bedroom set to be delivered and up in our room
- A possible trip to Disneyland
- Cupcake to start saying actual sentences
- Daddy's Birthday
- Trying for the next little one!
8 Things on My Wish List
- Trip to Disneyland
- To have the whole upstairs finally organized (we have been redecorating)
- New T.V. in our room
- New Couch - preferably a sectional
- For Cupcake to understand Christmas this year
- To wake up to snow Christmas Morning and then melt away fast
- For all of my family to be safe during the Holidays
I tag Kelly, Allison, Carly, and Dani
Tagged by Nancy..... Mommy Tag
1. What time do you wake up? Between 7:30 and 8:00
2. On a good night, what time are your kids in bed? Between 7:30-8:00 haha
3. How long have you been a mommy? 13 wonderful months
4. How old were you when you became a mom? 23 almost 24
5. What is your favorite chore? Oh well I love to vacuum and I love to redecorate and organize things
6. What is your favorite meal to cook? I am not the biggest fan of cooking but I love cooking something fast and easy but I love to make desserts!
7. What meal do you cook most often? Lately it has been Roast Beef Au Jus Sandwiches, fast and easy, all in all takes about 10-15 min, but still really yummy.
8.What is your least favorite thing about being a Mommy? I love most of it, but I can say I hate how much longer it takes to get out of the house because you have so much stuff to pack and plan for!
9. What are 5 things about being a mom that make you smile?
1-When Daddy and Cupcake make each other laugh it is soooo funny and adorable
2-Holding Cupcake in my arms when she is asleep....so tender
3-When Cupcake copies people, she is really good at doing action songs, its my fave
4-Hearing Cupcake call me Momma and Dad, Daddy, and her kisses and snuggles best things in the world
5- Just seeing her happy, excited, smiling, and sometimes upset!
10.Where would you like to take your kids on Vacation? Of course Disneyland! Cupcake LOVES Mickey and Minnie Mouse and Princesses so I think she would have a blast! She also loves rides, and to be honest my Hubby and I LOVE Disneyland!
11. When was the last time you went out without your kids? Goodness, it is so easy most of the time to take Cupcake places, but last Saturday our friend gave us BYU football tickets so we had Grandma Patti watch Cupcake while we enjoyed the game and lunch.
12. What is your most heartbreaking moment as a mom? When Cupcake is sick or gets hurt it truly is soooo sad to watch your kids go through anything that could hurt them
13. When was the last time you told one of your kids I love you? About an hour ago before I put her down for her nap!!
14. When was the last time you were told I love you? When my Hubby called me about 2 hours ago! We say I love you quite a bit in this Family! As it should be....right!?
I tag all my family and friends that are Mommy's!!!
Posted by The Miller's at 8:48 AM
Posted by The Miller's at 8:31 AM
Monday, November 10, 2008
My darling and talented cousin Amber, who is a Graphic Design Major at UVU will be displaying some of her work at a show this Thursday at UVU and would love for all family and friends to attend! I am trying to help get the word out with this post, so if any of you are free Thursday night, do attend!!! I am sure it will be amazing as is anything that Amber is involved in! More info is about the show is on the Events blog http://www.eventidentity.blogspot.com/ Hope to see you there!
Posted by The Miller's at 9:08 PM
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Well since my Birthday week has almost officially come to an end (tomorrow) :( I thought I would post the pics from the fun Birthday dinners and lunches! I have to say that my family spoiled me pretty badly!!! My Mom took us out to PF Chang's, Daddy was really sick so he stayed home, but the food was delicious especially the Great Wall of Chocolate Cake! She gave me a new blow dryer, some hair accessories to go along with it, and a brand new bedroom set!!! Ya you read right, I told her it had to be counted as our Christmas gift as well! I will post pics of it when it gets delivered to our house. Grandma Lu made us a wonderful lunch and gave me a purse, jewelry (of course), picture frames, and some wonderful cookbooks! Justin and Jessie gave me an adorable new sweater and earrings to match! My Dad took us to Macaroni Grill and Tam (my step-mom) was sick so she didn't get to enjoy the divine food, but we had a blast and in keeping with tradition got a Magelby's Chocolate cake and headed to my Dad's to open gifts! Joe and Jenna gave me the Faith Hill Christmas C.D., love it! Annie gave me Lotion and Hand Soap, My Dad and Tam gave me........Celine Dion tickets!!! Ya no worries I did cry when I realized what it was! The girls on my side of the fam also kept with tradition by going to lunch and J.T. came not knowing it was an all girl thing.....haha we love you J.T.! Steph gave me a beautiful Vera Wang scarf, Grandma gave me a frame and an ornament, Melissa and Fam gave me a cute scarf, earrings and comfy cozy socks! What a fun week and thank you everyone for all your gifts and Birthday wishes!!! I feel soooo spoiled I can't wait til next year....hehe!
Kisses....sooooo cuteie cute as we would say
Posted by The Miller's at 10:20 AM
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Since cupcake was born I have been telling Daddy that she was going to be a Daddy's girl! Yet, as she started to get a little older she was becoming more of a Momma's girl, which I was loving! I know it was hard on Daddy, but I kept saying oh c'mon just let me enjoy my time with the baby that loves her Mommy! As a Mom you are the one that does most of the care taking and need meeting, therefore your baby starts to really become attached! I told Daddy give it a year or two, which I was hoping for the latter, and she will not even want anything to do with me while you are around!! So as I cry tears of sadness as I write this post......(no not really) and even though I was secretly hoping this day would never come....it has come! And for the first time in Cupcake's 13 months of life, while Daddy was giving her kisses goodbye before he left for work, she clung to Daddy and would not come to Mommy! :( I was actually really excited and happy to see that Cupcake is really starting to become a Daddy's girl just as I predicted. But as my heart was breaking it was also melting, as I saw the joy that Daddy was feeling!!! So cute! I cannot even tell you how much I love both my Hubby and Baby, I am so thrilled to watch their sweet little relationship develop and bloom into such a beautiful Daddy-Daughter Bond!
Posted by The Miller's at 8:10 AM
Monday, November 3, 2008
So today is my Birthday, and anyone of you who know me know that I love birthday's, especially my own I usually like to celebrate all week!! haha! So in honor of my birthday I want to make my Thankful Thoughts post for this week today! We have had a weekend full of Family get togethers and it has been so fun! Friday was Halloween and we saw most of both sides of my family. Saturday was the annual Miller (Grandpa Miller's) side of the family Thanksgiving get together in Tremonton! We spent most of the day there visiting with family we only see once a year! Sunday was little Max's (our nephew) Blessing day and we saw so many friends and family there as well! It's not even 12:00 yet and already I have had so many calls, texts, and messages on Facebook! I cannot even explain to all of you how blessed and loved I feel to have so many friends and family who care and support us and me! I enjoyed this past weekend so much, I truly feel grateful for all who express their love for us and just for the time we got to spend with all of you! So as I have now been alive for a quarter of a century, I feel luckier than ever to be alive, healthy, and cared about! Lets all remember that we are all Children of our Heavenly Father and we are all imperfect, so even though today is all about me, I am going to try each and everyday to let someone I know feel how important they are to me and loved by many as I have felt this past week and TODAY!!! Thanks all for the gifts and birthday wishes!
Posted by The Miller's at 10:20 AM
Saturday, November 1, 2008
Posted by The Miller's at 9:25 PM